Beginning April 1, 2020, PSW Leaders is available on-demand.
Psychologists can sign up at any time and will receive the information over a 5-week period of time.
This allows for participants to enter the leadership group at their convenience and at a time most beneficial for their school districts.
PSW Leaders is intended to support school districts in building strong internal capacity surrounding the Pattern of Strengths and Weaknesses (PSW) Model. I know it would be wonderful to have 1-3 school psychologists in your school district to have increased capacity to:
- Assist newly hired school psychologists to understand the why, what and how behind PSW.
- Provide training, as needed, to other IEP team members regarding the PSW model.
- Support beginning psychologists with the PSW process.
- Provide leadership and support for more complex assessments.
Many districts want to ensure that their new hires are able to get up and running with regard to utilizing the PSW approach, assessing students comprehensively and writing legally defensible reports. For many districts, there is a need to improve their internal capacity for this type of training and ongoing consultation.
I have been providing training on the PSW approach for multiple years. When I first started offering training, I was focused on the “how” of PSW and spent a great amount of time on software programs and each step of the process.
After providing training to over 50 districts, I have found that the “how” is important, but also the “why.” While I still spend time talking about the different steps, ensuring fidelity in using a software program to assist in data analysis, I also spend time on:
- why is an understanding of the conceptualization of SLD so important
- why do I make the decisions I do in regards to building an assessment battery
- why do I make a decision for one student that is different for the next
PSW Leaders provides your psychologists the benefit of my experience as it focuses on being able to answer the “how” questions along with the “why” questions. After presenting for hours and hours on a topic, I have learned to anticipate questions that psychologists will have. I want to share all of this with your psychologists so they can pass that along to your new hires.
PSW Leaders offers 5 Modules – each modules is released to you weekly. You can review the content at your convenience.
The 5 Modules will cover:
- Module 1 provides an overview of the PSW Leader Training Guide and self-reflection documents to assist you in determining your strengths and areas of need.
- Module 2 provides you with a Sample Training Plan and access to PPTs that can be used during initial trainings for new hires.
- Module 3 discusses ongoing training topics to consider with access to handouts that can be used during those trainings.
- Module 4 will discuss ideas for ongoing fidelity checks and methods for differentiating training for your teams.
- Module 5 covers training for other IEP team members and provides you with sample PPTs and handouts that can be used for those trainings.
Your PSW Leader will have access to:
- Specialized content related to the Dehn PSW Model OR the Dual Discrepancy/Consistency Approach (aka Cross-Battery).
- Five (5) weeks of content that will be available one week at a time. Previous content can be replayed and reviewed at the psychologist’s convenience. Sessions will be focused on the initial and ongoing training of your psychologists surrounding PSW.
- Monthly office hours with me to respond to questions to assist the leader in feeling more secure and confident in their skills.
Jenny’s PSW leadership training has helped increase my competence in using the PSW approach for identifying SLD. and this, in turn, has helped me embrace being a leader (as in her “trainer of trainers” approach) in the PSW approach in my own district along with two other school psychologists. Even though I have only been learning and practicing the PSW approach for the last three years (as part of the pilot group in my district), I feel well-grounded in my understanding of the approach and am always inspired to continue to learn and grow, thanks to Jenny’s leadership and availability as a trainer.
Jenny is professional, knowledgeable, and resourceful. I have appreciated her expertise, her wisdom, and her example of self-learning through various book clubs she leads and certification courses she participates in. I recommend PSW leadership training courses with Jenny to all psychologists, both new and veteran, who will be inspired leaders of helping meet students’ needs even better.
The cost for previous cohorts was $349 for access to me six times in a group format. With the self-paced and on-demand option for PSW Leaders, psychologists have more frequent access to me as well as a plethora of content and resources. Instead of having your psychologist spend hours and hours creating PPTs, handouts and training timelines, these are all provided to the psychologist, saving them valuable time.
The cost of access to PSW Leaders is $200 (a one-time cost) plus the cost of access to PSW Monthly.
Since PSW Monthly is a monthly membership at $23/month, leaders need access to PSW monthly for a minimum of two months (for a total cost of $246 minimally). Many leaders decide to have ongoing access to PSW Monthly for 12 months to ensure they have access to new content released each month. The decision is up to the leader and the district. Please contact me HERE for specific price quotes should the district be financially supporting PSW Leaders.
In addition to all of the information provided directly to PSW Leaders, the following bonuses are also included at no additional cost:
- Sample training materials including copies of my PPT slides and training handouts
- Training timelines and sample training plans will also be shared
- Access to all of the current content in PSW Monthly
- Access to the special series: Basic Psychological Processes which will cover definitions, tool suggestions and more for the basic psychological processes
If your psychologist does not feel as though the materials provided to them through PSW leaders gives them the tools that they need, I am happy to refund the money spent.
Your district PSW trainer needs to be spending the time NOW to plan for fall and mid-year hires.
Now is the perfect time to sign up for PSW Leaders.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to me HERE.
Registration is now open!
All PSW Leaders must FIRST register for PSW Monthly and be active PSW Monthly members to continue to access the leader content.
Click HERE to register for PSW Monthly first.
PSW Leaders is intended for those school psychologists with the following attributes:
- A minimum of three years working as a school psychologist
- A minimum of one year of experience working with the PSW model
- Basic understanding of the use and navigation of the aligned software program (XBASS or PPA)
- Basic understanding of determining SLD eligibility for special education using the PSW model
- Attendance at a PSW training led by Jenny Ponzuric and/or completion of the PSW online course for intermediate users created by Jenny Ponzuric
- The time to devote to the content and building training materials for your district
- Leadership skills to take on the role of “coach” for others in your district through the PSW implementation