The federal definition of Specific Learning Disability indicates that it is a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes.
But, what ARE the basic psychological processes?
Some states have their own lists of these processes but include interesting terms such as “conceptualization” and “association” without providing definitions.
Other states provide no direction.
That is where Basic Psychological Processes can help YOU!
I have been training school psychologists and school districts on the topic of learning disabilities for multiple years.
During these trainings there are multiple questions about exactly what ARE the basic psychological processes and how do you best assess for them.
So, I dove in. I read the books about processing areas related to SLD. I took a certification course all about memory. I read some more.
And then…I created some videos to share all of that information with other school psychologists.
Introducing Basic Psychological Processes
What is Basic Psychological Processes?
Basic Psychological Processes is a series of eight modules that cover the different processes related to reading, math, and written language difficulties.
Once you have access to Basic Psychological Processes, you immediately have access to the eight modules:
- Auditory and Phonological Processing
- Fluid Reasoning
- Language and Knowledge
- Processing Speed
- Visual Processing
Why should I access Basic Psychological Processes?
- Multiple videos, handouts and other resources for each module.
- I help to answer what each process really means, what tools might assess them best and accommodations and strategies to support students who struggle in that area.
- Videos also discuss discrepant scores, your role versus the speech-language pathologist’s role, and how to explain these terms in a parent-friendly manner.
- For those school psychs in CA, I also align these general terms with the specific processing areas outlined in the state’s education code.
You have two ways to access Basic Psychological Processes:
1. Purchasing this as a standalone course is $99. You get immediate access to all eight modules and you have access for as long as you like.
2. All participants of PSW Monthly get access to Basic Psychological Processes at no additional cost. That is right – it is FREE for PSW Monthly members.
What else do you get with Basic Psychological Processes?
All participants who complete each of the modules can obtain 5 CEU hours for their NCSP and/or LEP (CA Only)
This course meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for LEPs, LPCCs, LMFTs, and LCSWs. This course also qualifies for 5 hours of continuing professional development for Nationally Certified School Psychologists, under provider number 1025. The California Association of School Psychologists maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
If you don’t think that Basic Psychological Processes is meeting your needs after 5 days, I will refund your $99. Just reach out to let me know.
Don’t wait until tomorrow to join.
Start your learning NOW and apply it to the students you are working with TODAY!