Jenny L. Ponzuric is a Licensed Educational Psychologist who brings her background in school psychology, university teaching and training of special education team members to jlj consulting. Combining her education, experience and dedication to students struggling in school, Jenny consults, coaches and trains educators that support them.
A school psychologist for 13 years, Jenny expanded her knowledge and expertise in assessment by obtaining her post-graduate certificate in School Neuropsychology.
Building on individual school site trainings, Jenny also provided district-level and SELPA-level trainings on topics such as the Pattern of Strengths and Weaknesses (PSW) Model for identification of Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD), as well as, Multi-Tier System of Supports/Response to Instruction and Intervention (MTSS/RtI²).
Jenny’s expertise in learning and training expanded as an administrator in a county-wide teacher support services program that assisted special education teachers in clearing their credentials and obtaining added authorizations. Working collaboratively with a team, Jenny wrote curriculum and trained teachers in areas such as behavior, literacy strategies, and a wide range of IDEA areas of eligibility.
Jenny has taught at numerous colleges/universities in Southern CA, including Pepperdine University, CSU, Northridge, and Moorpark College; she currently is an adjunct professor within Phillip’s Graduate University’s School Psychology graduate program.
Jenny began working full time through jlj consulting in January 2016 to follow her passion for assisting students who struggle.
- M.A. in Psychology, California State University, Northridge
- B.S. in Psychology, California Lutheran University
CA Credentials and Certifications
- Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Psychology
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP #2779)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in School Neuropsychology
- Administrative Services Credential
- Relationship Coach
- Ventura County Association of School Psychologists (VCASP)
- California Association of School Psychologists (CASP)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- American Board of School Neuropsychology (ABSNP)
- Learning Disability Association (LDA)